View Single Post

Old 07-28-2008, 02:36 PM
Platinum member
Default Re: Other nearby communities vs. The Villages

GG, you opened up Pandora's Box!! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhass
TOW sounds lovely. TV is not the only place in the world. It's just our choice for this time in our lives. In the future..who knows???
SAM, You are not going anywhere! Unless you buy a cruise ship and travel the world! Just the disgruntled move!!
Some want small and quiet? There are plenty of choices.
I want to LIVE!. Be busy! Join groups, learn new things, meet lots of people...
In TV you may go everywhere by golf cart. Grocery stores, (4 different markets), a plethora of stores and restaurants, adult or family pool choices, executive GOLF courses (how many)?? HOW MANY championship courses? I have tried golf and like it, just don't have much time, yet. Miles upon miles of golf cart trails to the most gorgeous recreation centers, on beautiful clean paths, doctors, wellness center, HOSPITAL, lakeside boardwalk, clubs, wildlife sanctuaries, recreation centers.
I believe many people just want to do nothing when they get older except act old. Stay in, cook, read books, watch TV, go to the pool. I want to feel young! I am in awe that our beautiful town squares have special gatherings on holidays for families and folks living anywhere, Plantations, Harbor Hills, TOTW, and a hundred others. AND daily entertainment.
When those living in the other communities have their driving privileges revoked, how will they get to TV for their fun? If they take my golf cart privileges away, I can walk! If I can't walk, I'll call a taxi. And if you live here and can't get somewhere call me and I'll take ya! Thats the friendliness!!!
I can go on and on about what other communities are missing. But then again, I also want the gates closed. Actually, golf cart parking only would actually be a big improvement in TV for the residents. This could be around all the SQUARES and close streets, with parking lots for Visiting cars!
........Oh well. 1 question, what will all those other communities folks do without drivers licenses?? To me , I have much peace of mind knowing I can be independent and as busy or not that I want.