View Single Post

Old 07-20-2017, 10:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebeauregard View Post
All sinkholes are not publicized. For instance there was a sinkhole under one of the developer owned Villa's in Creekside Landing a couple of years ago that took a week's worth of cement trucks to fill. It was never mentioned in the Daily Sun or anywhere else.

Did you ever notice all the pipes sticking out of the ground when the land on which Brownwood sits was developed? I believe the developer pumps cement in them to stabilize the ground which isn't done in building new homes.

A lot of dirt is moved when building sites are prepared and I question whether it is being allowed to settle long enough before new homes are built on them?
I am skeptical of your information and summary. I don't think that the developer pumps cement in any area to stabilize the ground. Cement is pumped into sinkholes when they do occur. That is a fact.

I KNEW a couple of months ago that as soon as the rains started after a long period of drought we would have sinkholes. The worst area for sinkholes in Florida is in the area near Tampa.

It always boils down to panic on this forum and irrational causes and claims, especially after a LARGE sinkhole happens. I knew that somehow the developer would be blamed. I don't think the Morses OR God is at fault. I think it is a lot of water causing ground collapse in the limestone sub strata of the ground in West Central Florida