View Single Post

Old 07-22-2017, 12:00 PM
Gold member
Default As in my original reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve9930 View Post
Also cash flow out of a Roth is not used in the calculation on how much of your Social Security is taxable. It is possible if your income consisted of SS and a Roth you woul pay 0 Federal Tax.
It is impossible to answer the question without knowing net worth, age, expenses etc etc etc etc.

What is interesting is assuming that Trumps tax plan passes, it will shake up any calculations you will do today.
Will it happen? Frankly, I doubt it. But, we will get some sort of plan. The TALK is they must pass if by Thanksgiving so they can make it apply to this entire year.
FASTEN YOUR SEAT BELTS IT IS GOING TO BE A WILD RIDE.

Government is like a dog drooling over a steak. Few know or want to know that 42% of our now TWENTY TRILLION DOLLAR national debt is held by Social Security with no payback term or rate of interest. I expect the next steak they will grab will be retirement savings. Actually, while few see it for what it is that is one of the reasons why the government wants to fuel inflation is to devalue our currency. When, they devalue our currency it reduces what your savings, what your social security check, what your pension-if you have one, will buy.