View Single Post

Old 07-27-2017, 02:19 PM
n/a

Default Wanted. A real President !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Swim View Post
I was willing to give him a pass, and see if he could possibly accomplish something good for the country. His political rally speech to the Boy Scouts was the last straw though. Talking that way to young men was just inexcusable. He should be setting an example, but the only thing they learned from him was how NOT to behave. Instead of talking about leadership and values, he goes on a bizarre rant about fake news and some weird stories about a cocktail party he went to in New York, while praising real estate developer Levitt, a segregationist. I think the Republican Senator from Maine was correct when she referred to him as crazy. He seems to be getting loonier and loonier every day.

Levitt himself was not a segregationist. If he wanted to build his Levittown, Nassau County required him to put the racial deed restriction in. He wouldn't have been able to build the housing he did for the thousands of returning WWII vets without it. Levitt WAS NOT a segregationist. It was Nassau County, a County that still today is riddled with political corruption. Levitt was not the only builder in Nassau County that did this. My parents bought a Gibson house in 1950, in it the deed stated that my parents would not resell the house to blacks or Hispanics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk