Thread: The VHA
View Single Post

Old 07-31-2017, 05:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaringg View Post
A few weeks back I posted question about the VHA ownership. I noticed in the latest VHA Newsletter they made reference to the response. They think we are not well informed! or something like that.
From that info. it seems that they do not have access to the facts.

According to a google search the Trademark is registered to " Holding Company of The Villages Inc."
It was registered on 2/14/2017
Registration # is 5141935
It is listed in class 041 - education; providing training.
need I say more.
It is very hard for me to understand the point of many of your posts. I did go to the August edition of the VHA Village Voice online and found in the letter from President Fred Briggs, the following;

I recently was directed by a neighbor to a question asked by a resident in the online blog, Talk of The Villages.* The question was simple, “Who owns The VHA?”* I was both disappointed and surprised by the vitriol and obviously uninformed responses by the contributors who thought it was their responsibility to answer the question.* Many were either completely ignorant of the facts or were intentionally misleading.* Let me very clear about the answer to the question.* The VHA is owned by its nearly 16,000 members who find value and satisfaction in being part of our organization.* The Developer does not own or attempt in any way to direct the VHA operation.* Direction is provided by an Executive Committee and a Board of Directors with input from our membership.* It is an all volunteer operation

and is supported by members dues and some number of fundraising efforts which allow us to bring our programs to the Residents to inform and enhance their lives in The Villages.* We call it “Keeping The Dream Alive”