View Single Post

Old 08-01-2017, 08:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinsonowen View Post
Actually, there's no requirement that any percentage of TV's residents be under 55. There is a minimum percentage required for 55 and over, though. Confusion about age restriction in 55+ communities is common, but per federal law, it goes like this: at least 80% of the units must be occupied by someone 55 or older. That's it. The Villages, and any other 55 and older development, can do whatever they want with the remaining 20%. They can make it all 55+ or all under 55 or any combination they choose.

As someone under 55 who lives with a parent in TV and reads the news daily, I feel like a disproportionate number of residents who get in serious trouble here are under 55 and living in a parent or other relative's home. That being said, considering the size of TV, there's very little crime of any sort. I think TV is an incredibly safe, quite, and friendly place, relative to the rest of the country, and I bet you won't regret buying here!
In fact, if you do the math, you'll find that it's mathematically possible, although extremely unlikely, for over 80% of the people living here to be under 55.

And yes, we have one of the lowest crime rates in the world. That doesn't mean that there is zero crime, but for all of the people who are complaining that TV is going to hell and is dangerous, I'd like to see crime statistics of your home towns compared to The Villages.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.