View Single Post

Old 08-04-2017, 08:44 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Couldn't agree more. Never thought I would say this, but term limits are sounding better and better all the time. Unfortunately, I don't ever see it happening, but it would certainly help to change Washington back to a government of servants, working for the people instead of themselves.
Would like to see some kind of term limits for Members of Congress. Some of the people I wrote in 1991 about problems I believe which were connected to the Law Librarian of Congress as well as probably with the Librarian of Congress are still in office. This was M. Kathleen Price who was then Law Librarian of Congress. I had been working under her as she was Director of the U of MN Law Library some of the time I worked there while doing the WESTLAW cataloging project. I had heard that I was losing my employment contract and wanted to be honest with potential employers about my interest in a niche in information for survivors/victims of crimes I had found in LAW LIBRARIES as well as public libraries while trying to help my fellow Earl Wooster High School students cope with the 2-24-1976 murder of Michelle Mitchell near the University of Nevada, Reno. Instead of meeting my concerns on their merits, the U of MN library administration subtly and then not so subtly put my mental health in question. Probably on the advice of M. Kathleen Price as the same approach showed up used against a troublesome employee at the Library of Congress according to a CBS National News report of around July 6, 1996. This report said that this was a favorite tactic of the Soviets.

102nd United States Congress - Wikipedia