View Single Post

Old 08-10-2017, 11:46 AM
Gold member
Default Totally agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl in Tampa View Post
I would never accuse a person who I don't know of snobbery, but................ I will just take the original post as a discussion of the tastes and preferences of one poster.

Having lived in New Orleans for several years and having eaten at all of the most famous restaurants in that area, as well as traveling the world and dining with heads of state in many countries, I have learned to appreciate good food, good presentation, and good service.

Living in the northern part of the park, I tend to go most often to Nancy Lopez' and Arnold Palmer's. Perhaps the are not "world class" but they are most certainly quite good, and I enjoy dining at either place.

But, as I have recently mentioned on another thread, I like the food at TooJay's, which is great deli food. Sonny's BBQ is not fine dining, but there are times that it meets my need. I prefer a couple of BBQ places in Central Texas, but that is not an option these days.

In Tampa, my favorite, hands down, for Spanish Style food (not Tex-Mex) is the original Columbia Restaurant in Ybor City. It is presently being operated by the fourth generation of the same family, and the ambiance in this landmark restaurant is remarkable.

For steak in Tampa, Bern's Steakhouse in south Tampa has a reputation for fine food that stretches back over a half a century. They are located in a rambling old wooden structure comprised of many different rooms that are each quite different in decor. An after dinner tour of the kitchen and their extensive wine cellar can be arranged.

These are just a couple of suggestions for those who might find it interesting to venture beyond the bubble for a fine dining experience.

---------------------

On another subject, like Nucky, I don't drink. I never have. But over the course of my career I've locked up a lot of drunks. There have been others that I didn't lock up, but I waited at the scene until the coroner arrived to take them to the Morgue.

I don't claim to be a cockeyed optimist but, I try to see what is right rather then what is wrong.

Far too many posters just want to find something to bitch about.

TRULY, find something to ENJOY and try to respect the RIGHTS of those around you. The lack of manners around here is truly shocking to me.