Thread: Kidney Stones
View Single Post

Old 08-13-2017, 10:29 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

I have documented passing 19 kidney stones in my life and I'm sure there were others that I didn't count, one I had to have removed as it was very large and I don't ever want to go through that again. They only hurt when they get stuck somewhere, passing them is pretty painless and what little pain there is in passing is made up by the relief of not having anymore pain on the way down. I was told that dehydration will get them in motion as your urine is thicker than it should be and being down here in the heat and sun makes that a little more likely, just keep drinking plenty of fluids and it should pass. 6 months ago they found one while taking an ultrasound I was having done for another problem, it was just slightly smaller than yours, last month I had to go back for a follow up test and the stone was no longer there, I only had one day of mild discomfort for that one and it passed at some point so you don't always feel them. Some stones are made up of calcium and others uric acid and/or a combination of both. The ones from uric acid can be partially dissolved by getting a prescription for Poly-Citra problem is they won't know which you have until it comes out and you get it tested. I won't drink tap water that is heavy in calcium, don't know if that is part of the cause or not but since practicing that I have had only two over the last 6 years. I hope you pass it soon without any further pain or discomfort.