Thread: Kidney Stones
View Single Post

Old 08-13-2017, 02:13 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

I was put on a low oxalate, low protein, and low sodium diet after my last surgery for a 1.5 cm stone. This particular diet covers just about everything I eat, very hard to follow the recommendations. After you pass yours and get it tested you will then be told what type you have and what foods and beverages you should avoid or reduce consumption of. No reason to speculate at this point, just wait for it to pass. I once woke up early in the morning south of Orlando with a very painful stone. I went to a gas station, got two gallons of water and a bottle of Advil and headed back to Northern Ohio, very painful trip, I passed it at a rest area in Marietta Ohio 16 hours later, after it passed it was like I never had it. That particular stone was made up of uric acid and calcium, it was about 1/8" square and 1/4" long, didn't hurt coming out but sure did on the way down. Another one I remember looked like a small watch battery, about a 3/8" diameter disc and it caused no pain whatsoever once it left my kidney. They are all different and the discomfort level is different for each of them.