Thread: 55+ community?
View Single Post

Old 08-19-2017, 01:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,557 Times in 1,930 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
another factor contributing to this dilemma is that the number of homes sold is prominently displayed in the paper, etc. However of little notice are the number people who move away from The Villages.
??? Usually I quickly get your point, but I don't on this post. I am not crazy about a lot of rental homes here either, so I agree with you on that, but the Feds do track ages in an age restricted community.

And Jack, you are partially right and partially wrong. There are losers here who live with their parents, and there are nice kids too who like mine who has retired from working her whole life at McDonald's, granted a little early to retire, she is in her early fifties,, but we were moving to Florida and she lives with us because she has Williams Syndrome. We like that a lot that she lives with us.. There are also young people who have unfixable or difficult to treat mental health problems. WE raised our kids with all of the criteria that you point out not to have a loser and we have no losers but we are just lucky, blessed, and fortunate. Some folks do all of the right things and something is seriously wrong.

There is a lot of bullying going on in the political forum about a similar issue. I hate losers, and I hate selfish and lazy people who drink too much but I hate bullies worse. They are insecure men, usually, who are quick to throw criticism at others. They are unkind at best and usually mean to the core and cruel for the joy of it, and probably have not had good success in interpersonal relationships of any kind; with their folks, with their partners, with their teachers and with their bosses. Now they pick on people who don't deserve it.