Thread: Bannon OUT!
View Single Post

Old 08-19-2017, 02:30 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Even worse, are those who would take the most repugnant of a group (such as those within the Black Lives Matter movement, who promote violence against law enforcement)...to paint the entire group as the same so as to justify their own racism and bigotry.

Carl In Tampa is only the tip of the iceberg and the perfect example of why movements/groups like BLM (minus the small % of those advocating violence)...are even needed in the first place.

I would bet that CIT doesn't think a single one of the incidents of young black males murdered by law enforcement, whose primary crime was being a young black male...was law enforcement's fault.

Not a single fvcking one.

Not to say by any means, that a death of a black person presenting a risk to LEO's isn't justified in some cases, but if there weren't so many that were NOT justified...a Black Lives Matter movement would never be needed in the first place.

And yet, here we have a person who should be educated and fair, as a taxpayer paid servant supposedly protecting ALL Americans, using the outliers...to justify their own prejudices, racism and bigotry.

Now multiply Carl In Tampa times thousands and it makes all of us white people damned glad we are white, because we know our lives would be in much more daily danger...had we been unlucky enough to have been born with black skin.

And then you have gutter scum like Baldwin, who think they did something special to have been lucky enough to have been born white...and then act as if they're superior due to pure luck.

All the while, good old boy Carl is the reminder that what BLM, the Southern Poverty Law Center (of which I'm a proud monthly contributor) and other groups stand for...are desperately still needed.
I respect folks like Carl who worked as police officers in any capacity.

I also find many of those who actually "hide" behind BLM marches who just want trouble.

I can, however, tell you first hand while living in Carl's city of Tampa, of walking the streets and speaking to young and old out marching...before BLM, but including Occupy Wall, how deaf they find many of our law and enforcement. I walks the streets and also spoke to police, with a pre determined image of most of the young folks.

That is not blaming the police, exonerating marchers or blaming marchers or exonerating police. We, in this country, have made this political and not moral, and that is wrong.

Rubicon speaks of "identity politics" and he is correct that is the basis for much of our hatred in this country, BUT unlike him, I give neither side a pass. He feels when he brings this up, and that is a lot, is is all one sided, and on that he is dead wrong. This is not just liberals, and the last 7 months should show you that the conservative agenda is rife, almost 100% identity politics.

Fact, his attacks are simply identity politics. We stopped discussing issues...we don't care any longer. A white policeman shoots a black youth...immediately, the left wants revenge, the right defends the white officer...all without the facts. It is instant judgement, and it would be funny if not so sad, if those "identity judegements" turn out incorrect, watching both sides covering their backside.

Look, this is a white nationalist crowd in here, and thus I know it is a deaf audience, but we better wake up and start listening to each other rather than preaching as if we were mind readers.