Thread: Live Football
View Single Post

Old 08-19-2017, 07:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Shelly View Post
Hi everyone. What is the best solution for getting live NFL games at home? Thanks.
If you're not a Directv user presently, that will work in your favor. Generally every year about this time Directv will give new customers NFL Sunday Ticket for free if you sign up. The installation is free, you'll probably sign a 12 month agreement, but that is understandable since Directv pays a third party to install your dish and set up your system and give you the package for nothing. If the NFL package isn't given to you for free, then ask for it or you won't sign up.

There are various choices, go to their website and see what's available. We have Premier package, which turns on every channel available. If you're a baseball, hockey or basketball fan they have plans during those seasons for those sports as well. It's not cheap, NFL Ticket is normally about $300 for a season, you'll pay something like $44 or $54 for 6 months added to your bill. The difference is the higher priced plan includes Red Zone and Computer Ticket. I let my neighbor watch his Eagles on his computer since I'm not using the computer.

Once you've been with Directv a year or more and your contract expires, you can negotiate with their customer service people if you're a good customer. I've been with them since 2008 and have the top package, so this year they gave me the NFL Ticket upgraded package for free. They didn't just give it to me, I called and asked, and they said yes. It's like buying a car, anyway it's worth it if you're like me. I know Gators Dockside is nice, I go in there all the time. However, I can't stand to watch my football team play while in a bar full of a bunch of yahoos yelling for games across the room, but that's just me.