Thread: 55+ community?
View Single Post

Old 08-20-2017, 07:44 AM
Veteran member

[QUOTE=Mrs. Robinson;1437813]
Quote:
Originally Posted by petsetc View Post
Given The Villages is already the size of a small city and is the fastest growing metropolitan area in the country, I would contend the issues are not the number of problem people but the fact that EVERY incident is reported and published daily. Only place I've ever been with this much "police blotter" information in your face, all the time.[/QUOTE]

The Villages will never be a "metropolitan" city, regardless of the population. It is also hard to consider it a "small city" when you consider that while there is plenty to do here, it's aptly called "The Villages."

The Villages' populace thrives on and revels in reading much of the printed dirt offered in the daily newspaper and what is available online. Even some of the topics here on TOTV indicate that TV is still very much a small town. Many have referred to TV as a type of Disneyland.

An over 55 community is the same all over the country. 20% of residents can be under 55. I am amazed at the amount of our adult residents that still don't understand the simple main and basic laws that govern this. Again -- this is indicated by the many threads and posts that refer to this.

Personally, I know of no children living permanently here with their parents. I'm not sure TV has a definite number (percentage) of those who live here who are under 55 because I don't believe they are all registered.
Ms. Robinson, it has been stated many times in error, but the actual law says 4 of 5 homes must have one occupant over 55.

Theoretically all homes can be owned by 19 year olds.

Theoretically if each home had 4 residents and in 20% of the homes all 4 residents were 19 years old and in 80% 3 of the residents were 19 years old we could theoretically have a Villages that was made up of 80% 19 year olds. Maybe even higher than 80% if the legal occupancy were over 4 persons, which it probably is.