Thread: Investors Club
View Single Post

Old 08-20-2017, 09:11 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
bogleheads.org is another great education resource.
Thanks, l2ridehd, I had never looked at Bogleheads before now.

But because of your suggestion, I googled and found the pdf of "The Bogleheads' Guide To Investing." I did a quick skim and scroll and saw that it looks like a really good intro to a lot of things about investing.

There is a section on risk tolerance that was pretty far into my fast scrolling, but I think that could be a good place to start for someone wanting to learn about investing.

The Bogleheads' Guide also provides an intro to the vocabulary of investing. I think getting the vocab is a first step to learning about most anything.

Knowing yourself and understanding what you are buying and tiptoeing is a good starting point. The market has been climbing steadily for a lot of years. That does not mean it will continue. (said Boomer, stating the obvious)

There is an easy read book I sort of like because it deals with the psychology of investing. If you Google the title, you can find a summary on a Forbes blog. (I still do not know how to link on my iPad or I would get it for you.)

The book is "Warren Buffett Invests Like A Girl." It's a little redundant and was published a few years ago, by a Motley Fool writer, but there is some good stuff in it.

Well, I could go on and on but I must get out of here and move forward with my life this morning.

Last edited by Boomer; 08-20-2017 at 04:49 PM.