View Single Post

Old 08-20-2017, 09:30 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
I can hardly believe it, but we're going to agree to AGREE! Good post - you make some excellent points. I can honestly say that I am not all that thrilled with Trump, the man, myself. My vote for him was more a vote for a movement in this country in another direction. My hope is to break up the cronyism that is Washington and outside interests that seem to influence what happens in this country more than the influence of we the people. By voting for someone who was more of an outsider, that is what I hoped for. Whether that will happen or not, is yet to be seen.

I like your quote and it rings true. Unfortunately, it seems that there is a lot of hate around us at this time and it is coming from both sides. I don't feel this started with Trump's presidency though. It seemed evident to me that it was building throughout both W. Bush and Obama's presidencies and has escalated with Trump's. I tend to think the reason for the escalation is 2-fold however. One is obviously Trump's lack of good communication skills. I am still not convinced, as you are, that he is only out for himself and not wanting to make America great again as he states, but again that is yet to be seen. The other factor is that the silent majority finally has a voice to combat the disregard that many of us have felt over the past 8+ years where our beliefs, faith, etc have been repeatedly trampled on. Unfortunately, that voice is far from perfect in speaking for all of us, but it's a start.
Ok..we agree somewhat, but part ways on Trump.

Let me ask you a question because I know you try to be honest.

You are a smart lady, so you are aware, since being President Trump has lied very many times. Almost daily, and has made serious unfounded allegations against individual people who he felt did not agree with him (including serious legal charges) all from the Oval Office.

How do you square what you call "lack of good communication skills" with outright lies and baseless personal accusations coming from our Oval Office ? Remembering these are broadcast throughout the world.