View Single Post

Old 08-20-2017, 02:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,955 Times in 1,161 Posts

In 1992 I had started a mail order business selling new out of print records and import CD's. I was doing a tabloid size display ad in a music trade magazine. A friend had made me a header and footer and I was typing and pasting the entries. He showed me on his computer how easy it was to use Coreldraw 3. After a couple of lessons I went to Circuit City and bought a Packard Bell 486 33mhz 4 MB Ram 13" monitor and tower for about $1100.

I remember going to computer shows throughout the 90's and looking at all the new models each year. You would give the vendors the specs you wanted and they would put together the computer, it was always about $1800. I actually kept that first computer until about 2000 when I needed a Pentium computer for the newer Coreldraw releases. I remember buying that next one from a place in New Jersey that had one of those big display ads in the big Computer Shopper Magazine that you'd see at all the newsstands. I think I paid about $2100 for that next computer, probably included a printer.