View Single Post

Old 08-21-2017, 04:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
Catholics are also taught to believe in purgatory, something most other Christians don't really understand. The Catholic Church only allows men to be priests. Christian churches typically allow both men and women to be pastors. Catholics don't believe in birth control or abortion. Catholics don't allow other Christians to commune with them because they hold different beliefs about the Holy 3. I am sure there are other major differences between Catholics and other Christians... I just named a few.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Purgatory is not part of the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, not for many, many years. Other Christians are not offered Holy Communion, the bread and the wine, but ALL people are invited always to attend our daily church service, which we call the Mass. Catholics are taught that abortion is taking a life but it is very difficult to find a Catholic anymore that doesn't use birth control. At this time only men are priests, that is true, but most of us Catholics expect that to change and soon.