View Single Post

Old 08-21-2017, 10:10 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I love our Church and you love yours. The archdiocese is headed by the Bishop and he is the authority person. Every church has someone in charge and I imagine that your church has someone in charge too who decides how to spend the money collected.. Giving up meat on Friday's during Lent is supposed to be a sacrifice meant to show God that you care about His sacrifice of His son; a symbol and a praise. All Churches pass the hat but you aren't thrown out if you don't contribute and people in the church don't know what you give or whether you give at all. I can't be silent when someone gives misinformation. Church is a community of love to me. Disclaimer: I am not a great example of a good Catholic.

non denominational churches near the villages florida. - Bing
I did not mean to stomp on anyone's beliefs, I am just stating my experience in what non-denominational is. It is far less rigid and authoritarian. I personally felt the Catholic Church was like an enterprise but I know it works well for many. I do not condemn anyone's religion and respect their right to choose.