Thread: Call Me -----
View Single Post

Old 08-25-2017, 09:08 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Well said. It has been my belief that if fundamental changes were to occur in our "politics as usual" system, it would take a person who would not be afraid to get down to the rough and tumble level of many politicians and the media. It would also take a person who does not allow what others think of him to deter him from his mission. That is why, when I voted for Trump, I felt he was the candidate for our times. Although I do not always appreciate his mannerisms and/or tone, he does not seem to be a pushover and will fight for what he promised and what he was elected to do. Imagine that, a novel approach to being an elected servant.

Some on here seem to think that he is all about himself and into the power of the position. I don't buy it. I feel that he cares about this country and the direction in which we are going, and will continue to believe that until proven otherwise. Call me naive or whatever, but as I've said before, only time will tell.
I do not like "politics as usual" either. But so far Donald John Trump has shown that he is more interested in what is in it for himself and his family more than anything else. His swamp is deeper and broader than ever in DC and he has brought in the Russians as the largest predators in it. Right now he seems more interested in just remaining POTUS for as long as possible despite all the damage he is doing to this country in terms of wide spread divisions.