View Single Post

Old 08-25-2017, 09:16 AM
Platinum member

Thanks so much for sharing the printing (and emailing) information. I've been cutting and pasting into a word document whenever I wanted to keep something. This is so much easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
There is a lot to think about with LTC. Asset protection for the spouse can be one of the most important things to consider.

Post #8, by jane032657, has good info about things to know about long term care facilities. I navigated for my dad and we did well, but you cannot go into these choices without doing your homework. I was guided by a good friend who was the chief administrator of a nursing home in another state. My dad and I chose a continuum of care campus which worked well as more care was needed. (But even so, we visited at least 3 times a week.)

Another thought is that if you are retired to Florida, but your kids are in a different state, you might want to know how things work there -- in case you could want to be closer should you have to go into longterm care.

Jane's information is valuable. If you are someone who likes to keep info in hard copy, you can print it by going to "thread tools" at the top of the thread page and clicking on "printable version." (You probably knew that already, but just in case you have not yet discovered it, now you know.)