View Single Post

Old 08-27-2017, 12:06 PM
n/a

I refrain from making an attempt to unmask a poster who shares their views on Political Talk. And by unmasking I mean not going to the trouble to find out the username behind the ubiquitous "guest". Or, if in the post the poster uses his/her identity will continue with the "guest" identity. There was one exception last week but it was done so in a friendly exchange.

If one looks back the lack of civility began when posters found methods of unmasking other posters.

Call me naive' but my view concerning TOTV is that this forum provides all of us an opportunity to express our views. some people will share them, some will find them offensive and some won't even noticed we posted a comment.

We approach with what we believe is a good faith effort to be honest, fair, balanced.

We respond to the content of the post and avoid direct and personal attacks on the poster.

We may disagree. We may be wrong.

We may make an honest mistake.

We may not be at our best on certain day and fail to express our views clearly.

We may have made a mistake even posting on some days because something/someone put us in a foul mood.

We do make an effort to save face either by being reticent when others offend or are glaringly wrong in our view.

Respect is our motto.

What most us will not do is become so invested, so seriously engaged in what is nothing more than conversation via a keyboard that we become paranoid , trolls ,hateful or spiteful because we understand that most members on this forum are people living in this community and the vast majority are respectful, honest caring human beings that believe in"live let live".

Personal Best Regards: