View Single Post

Old 08-27-2017, 03:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,937 Times in 2,458 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaJones View Post
I'm sure that kind of "after hours play" contributes - but from what I've personally observed, it's the RESIDENTS who do most of the damage. Twice in the past 2 weeks I saw someone drive their cart in places marked "wet - no carts", & saw one person drive across the edge of the green in a cart! I confronted them & got "I have an all-access pass, I can drive wherever I want", & "I pay for these courses - they have people to fix them!" Yes, I reported it to the starter shack/ambassador, & got "we'll look into it". When I played the same course that week - the ground was still torn up. Residents need to practice golf etiquette- then we can worry about non-residents!
This thread was never about non residents, I see what you posted all they time. But at least they didn't pull up there in the same spot 8 plus times like I seen the divots fly for the practice approach shots, not to mention the repeated ball creators on the green. Let's face it there are bad apples (knuckleheads) even in golf and I'm not talking beginners here.