View Single Post

Old 08-28-2017, 08:40 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl in Tampa View Post
In that case we have been sad often.

Just a few examples:

1. Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat) --- Decades long affair with his wife's secretary, Lucy Mercer, who was with him in his Hot Springs, Georgia, "Little White House" when he died.

2. Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican) --- During WWII when he was Supreme Commander of the Allied Expeditionary Forces in Europe, he was believed to have had an affair with his British chauffeur and personal secretary, Kay Summersby. She confirmed a romance in her autobiography, Past Forgetting: My Love Affair with Dwight D. Eisenhower.

3. John F. Kennedy (Democrat) --- While in the White House he was known to take daily "naps," during which time he regularly called for one of two staff secretaries (nicknamed by the Secret Service "Fiddle" and "Faddle." Sexual encounters with various movie stars, including Marilyn Monroe and Angie Dickenson, were well known "secrets." Then there was Judith Exner, who was a girl friend of a Mafia Don at the time she was having sex with Kennedy.

4. Lyndon Johnson (Democrat) --- Reputedly arrogant and disrespectful towards women, often "hitting on" wives of members of his staff. On November 5, 1982, Madeline Brown spoke at a news conference held at the Dallas Press Club, alleging that she had an extramarital relationship with Johnson for almost twenty years

5. Ronald Reagan (Republican) --- Although he became a loyal and trustworthy husband after his marriage to Nancy Davis, he had a reputation for numerous sexual encounters in Hollywood after his divorce from his first wife, Jane Wyman. He had the distinction of being the first divorced man to be President of the United States.

6. William J. Clinton (Democrat) --- Impeached by the House of Representatives for lying under oath, Bill Clinton has been accused of being a serial rapist by various women, and has made payments to settle at least one case. His sexual encounters in the Oval Office at the White House were verified by testimony and forensic evidence.

I have listed only a few of the Presidents who served in my lifetime. Looking back further would greatly lengthen the list.

I find it endearing that the poster of the quote above should be so naive as to think that our country has had a succession of Presidents who we could look to for moral leadership.

Carl in Tampa

Sexual escapades have been routine for powerful men since the beginning of civilization. What makes DT different from all other presidents is his SOCIOPATHIC personality.

High-functioning Sociopaths and the Damage They Cause - Sociopath - Personality Disorders | HealthyPlace