View Single Post

Old 09-03-2017, 08:13 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
World's largest general science organisation slams Trump's lack of 'scientific thinking' | The Independent

I recall the scientists march on Washington. I wonder what Ivanka Trump and her husband think about global warming?

The air in places like Los Angeles is better than 50 years ago but that is probably because of regulations put on cars and industry. Trump seems to want to lift some of these regulations especially with respect to coal mining and processing.
The ONLY way to reduce CO2 is to STOP burning things. As long as we burn oil/coal/wood...whatever...we keep producing CO2.

"A combustion reaction always includes a hydrocarbon and oxygen as the reactants and always produces carbon dioxide and water as products."

Are we going to stop burning? Stop cooking? Stop driving? Stop making things? I don't think so.

Besides CO2 is a VERY MINOR global warming contributor. MUCH less than 1%...less than 0.1%.

"Water vapor is the most abundant heat-trapping gas, but rarely discussed when considering human-induced climate change"

"Greenhouse gas concentrations are measured in parts per million, parts per billion, and even parts per trillion. One part per million is equivalent to one drop of water diluted into about 13 gallons of liquid (roughly the fuel tank of a compact car)."

CO2 is now about 400 PPM...400 is 0.04% of 1,000,000.

CO3 is 0.04% of the atmosphere. It used to be 0.03%. CO2 isn't a big deal for the earth...only for businessmen who want to make a profit off of fear.