View Single Post

Old 09-05-2017, 01:37 PM
Gold member
Default Not at all surprised

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
September issue of the POA newspaper on page 16 has a report on Golf Cart Insurance. Worth reading for anyone who has, or intends to, increase their golf cart speed.

"Regardless of how you insure your golf cart if it is capable of sustaining speeds greater than 20 miles an hour it no longer qualifies as a golf cart and is, there, no longer an insured vehicle".

You are, therefore, left 100% exposed to uninsured liability.
Golf cart speed seems to be a major issue. We have seen soooooo many posts too many that boil down to laws do not apply to ME.

My cart is set for 20 mph. Far as uninsured liability it is not really a question until after an accident. As to INSURANCE-a lawyer will only go after the easy money on a contingency basis. ME UNLIKE MOST OTHERS-I will spend my personal money TO BANKRUPT anyone who injures me or mine. I do not normally like government BUT
in my opinion all the golf carts should have a number on them as the rental ones do. If, you were hit by a golf cart-it was a red Yamaha fat chance on finding them.

If, you don't know, a golf cart is designed to go 15 mph.
You only have brakes on the rear wheels. In a stop the weight shifts forward so it is easy to make it skid. A golf cart has a high center of gravity and a narrow wheel base so the flip easily. Two golf carts each going 20 mph, if they hit head on it is a 40mph crash.