View Single Post

Old 09-14-2017, 09:11 PM
Veteran member
Default Suggestion re roofing problems...

I lost about 40 hip, ridge shingles during the storm. All were on the hip ridge on the Southeast corner of my home on Belle Glade golf course . I was lucky enough to have a great handyman who does most anything. I drove to Sunniland Corp today in Leesburg and purchased the last bundle of ridge shingles they had that matched my home. The cost plus the nails and the roofing cement was less than $60. He came over today in the heat and replace all 40 shingles that I had lost. He said there were ridge shingles that were not even nailed on my roof prior to the storm. The roofing on my 1.5 year old 2700 Sq. Ft home was SACKS ROOFING! Today I have been sent several private emails re the installation of this company and subsequent blow off. Although the cost to me was less than my deductible ($500) I intend to make this company well known to TV's and report them to the Warranty Dept and the POA. Although I was out only a few hundred dollars I believe the quality of roof installation was the problem. I am adding my suggestion to those of you waiting for shingle replacement. Drive to Sunniland Corp behind the Publix in Leesburg on 27 South and just sit in the parking area. There are numerous contractors buying roofing for TV. They are small guy's but if you gave them a little tip there they may put you in front of others and do your repairs more quickly. This is not the way I secured my contractor but there was plenty of opportunity for me to do that today. A couple of business cards were Caleb Stauss at 352-236-2959 and I lost the other one but just go there and you will find a contractor. Hope this helps.

Last edited by TimeForChange; 09-14-2017 at 09:23 PM.