View Single Post

Old 09-15-2017, 07:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts
Unhappy Tree on Power Line CR117 off of CR472.

On my way back home from Brownwood where I saw It and listened to Lisa Beck rehearse a little bit on Paddock Square I noticed an agitated woman near the street-- CR117. That is when I had a scare much worse than anything in It. There was a huge tree limb on top of a sagging power line. I wondered how it got there as I had not seen it on the way to Brownwood a few hours earlier.

I know nothing about power lines other than to avoid them if they come in contact with you in any way. So I just got as far to the left side of the road and got out of there heading towards CR472.

I had hoped that the worried lady was waiting for the power company or the fire station people or whoever handles this kind of situation.

We do have to watch out for this stuff days after Irma came through.

Still I wonder why this broke off and fell onto the power line yesterday afternoon?

Hopefully the authorities handled this OK.

I had passed maybe six cars or trucks going the other way on CR117 and remember having to pull way over the side because some of these were hogging the road. They must have also been a bit discombobulated by this sight of the huge tree limb hung up on the power line.

FPL '|' Trees '|' Trees and Power Lines

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 09-15-2017 at 07:41 AM.