View Single Post

Old 09-15-2017, 09:59 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

I finally got through to Warranty yesterday to find the correct shingle for my house and to discover that my roofer is no longer in business. Sunniland Corporation in Leesburg had the shingles in stock so I purchased 3 packs from them that afternoon.

As it may soon rain, I was on the roof yesterday afternoon by 6 P.M. Peter, a neighbor up the street helped me finish the job under lights by 8:30 P.M. It was so dark we couldn’t see the ground. This morning I viewed our work from last night and did some touch up work using roof cement.

Is it a job well done? I didn’t install the top most shingle as the one below is tucked into the one above. It should keep the rain out until the next hurricane or till I pay a professional roofer to do it over in a month or two. My cost was $90 for the three bundles of shingles; I used ½ of them and about $40 for tools and misc. supplies.

While I was a part-time, summer job roofer many years ago, this will be my last roofing job. And thanks to all the neighbors for the help and prayers my roof should not leak for a while.

before
Dropbox - IMG_6222.JPG

after

Dropbox - IMG_6228.JPG