Thread: Heat Pumps
View Single Post

Old 09-16-2017, 05:25 PM
Platinum member
Question The Big Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by under55 View Post
I think our heat pump is not large enough.

Curious while looking at all the units in the new neighborhood we moved into I noticed that Munns installs 2.5 ton units.

Sunshine installs 3 ton units. I have talked with a couple of the other owners with the 2.5 units and everyone says the same thing. The rooms the farthest from the Air Handler are harder to get cooled down. I have not had a chance to talk with the owner of a 3 ton.

When I talked with the builder he said it is all figured out differently for each house. But it seems weird that every house that has a Munns unit they are 2.5 and every house that has a 3 ton unit are Sunshine.
No one has asked the obvious question.

Does your air conditioner fail to keep your house cool in summer or warm in winter?

If not....................it's all you need.

Now, if there is uneven heating or cooling distribution through the house, that is a matter of properly adjusting the vent openings in each room. That can take some time and experimentation. In very long houses there have even been cases where a booster fan installed in the air duct might help, but that is unlikely in most The Villages houses.