View Single Post

Old 09-20-2017, 12:14 PM
Gold member
Default Re: Replacing all the batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
We have had one for almost 3 years.....I switched from having ParCar service the cart to Sta-Rite Carts, the other Par-Car seller that serves TV. I lost confidence when they changed personnel and started to explain the depth of experience the manager had with gas carts. We needed a complete battery replacement (because of the on board charger you can't do a partial replacement I was told). Then a couple service hickups and we moved on. The cart itself is well built, rides great and looks great. It is my wifes cart (I have a Star) and she has it loaded and loves it. When we purchased the cart we anticipated battery replacement around 4 years so it came a bit early but that wasn't a big deal...it was the sercie folks that caused the change.
We all tend to distrust but, people do replace one battery in their golf cart but, that is a mistake in any electric divice. When, one call is weaker than the others the stronger cell will for lack of a better way to express it, try to reverse the polarity and thus destroy the weaker battery. It is expensive but unless the batteries are fairly new and one has a physical defective cracked case, smart is to replace them all.

I did a lot of reading and had decided to buy a Club Car gas. Reason is the engine is 15 hp compared to 12 fr the yamaha and it has presureized lubrication system compared to a simple splash system on the Yamaha. We went to the Club Car dealer and his salesman??? only knew the electric ones, his repair guy also did not know how to do anything but to change the oil on the gas ones. I BOUGHT A YAMAHA-it has been fine. No matter what you choose to buy, it quickly becomes trash without PARTS and service.
Yamaha seems to own both in this town.