View Single Post

Old 09-24-2017, 07:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I'm cracking the heck up.

A "rebate" for a couple of missed weeks of golf...due to 'force majeure?'

Particularly funny, if a person almost exclusively plays executive courses...which are basically free to begin with.

And has been noted, an awful lot of people don't even play golf yet happily/freely pay their amenity fees...which are used for a lot more than just golf.

Oh well, it made for a good belly laugh.
You can't possibly actually believe that the executive courses are FREE, can you?

That is my point exactly. We are paying for something that we are not allowed to use.

I'm simply questioning whether or not the right decision has been made regarding closing these golf courses for two weeks after a storm.

I understand that a lot of people don't play golf but that is their choice. What if all of the rec centers and pools were closed for two weeks. How would every feel about that?

We pay a monthly fee and activity are promised for that fee. We all choose which activities that we want. When some activities are not available those people that use those activities are being made to pay for something that they don't get.

It is certainly understandable after a major storm such as we had that golf courses would be closed for a few days. All I'm saying is that over two week seems excessive. And I heard the excuse that they are not safe. How are they not safe? Are we a bunch of little kids that don't know how to avoid danger? Can we not decide for ourselves to take risks?

There is no reason that many of these courses couldn't have been opened with a cart path only policy a few days after the storm.

If the retention ponds have liners, then lift them up and dredge them out a foot or so. This is not just a golf course problem, but when these ponds go dry in the winter, they are unsightly and many stink.

It seems that we're constantly going from too much water to drought every year. Dredging the retention ponds and saving more of the water that we get in the summertime simply makes sense.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.

Last edited by Dr Winston O Boogie jr; 09-24-2017 at 09:04 AM.