View Single Post

Old 09-25-2017, 08:10 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default OhioBuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Does anyone else find it absurd that all of the golf courses are still closed almost two weeks after the hurricane?

I've driven by several of the executive courses and many look completely playable to me. Why is it that golf courses all around The Villages are open and playable? Is it because they won't open any if all are not ready?

I'd really love to know what's going on.
I think at one time you told me that you were a pro golfer at one time, but if anybody should know, you know that there's a lot of people out there that don't know how to read. They'll post a sign that says "Wet Area" & people will ignore it & drive right through water & rut the fairway up, then you'll have people saying this golf course is terrible why don't they fix these bad spots. I really think they would really want it to be dry instead of pouring more money into it or closing it down for repairs. I would rather see them keep the courses closed for 2 more weeks that to have the people who don't care just drive their carts wherever they want. I'm really surprised to think that a die hard golfer would want to rush it. You know they're are some courses open? Sorry Dr. Winston!