View Single Post

Old 09-25-2017, 11:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
I don't see where college ball is any better. These thugs came from various universities. They behaved just as badly then.

I don't mind CK's kneeling. While it was a protest, it was a respectful protest. He didn't dance around. He didn't spit. He didn't do so many of the disgraceful behavior I've seen by athletes who "stood" while the anthem was played.

The fact he is a millionaire is absolutely irrelevant. He wasn't protesting treatment he personally experienced, he was protesting treatment of others that several times had lead to murder.

My father served. My brother served three tours in Vietnam. Both did so to defend the rights of Americans to protest, to protect us from real and perceived threats, to ensure that Americans kept their rights. A football player kneeling is one of those rights.

As to the thugs who act like dogs, get arrested for violent crimes, feel hitting their wives and girl friends is okay, they need to be kicked off the field and out of the game until they can prove they are men, not jerks. I quit watching football -- both NFL and college since the same abuse occurs there -- five years ago. I miss it but I can't support it, not my beloved Fish, not my Bruins, and I won't until the thuggery is no longer tolerated.
Would you please give me your "Left Coast" opinion on this? Thanks. NFL fines William Gay, DeAngelo Williams for uniforms publicizing domestic violence, cancer - TODAY.com

I have a hard time following the logic. Maybe you can sort it out for me. Thanks