Thread: Any regrets
View Single Post

Old 09-27-2017, 09:37 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred R View Post
I have regrets. That is the reason I sold last week. A year after I bought my home I went to the Rohan dedication and heard the Village rep say " this is the last rec center we will ever build. Then the next year, Fenny popped up. Then information about the land purchase near Wildwood. Then in 2017 the deal with Leesburg for another 8000 homes. Then I saw where Morse family was selling homes in Fenny for as little as $161,000. With another 22,000 homes coming on in the next 2 years I figured unless you owned for 5 yrs or more you would always compete with the builder forever. Put the home up August 1, sold it, and now rent for 4 months a year for a lot less than owning. Owning here is not inexpensive, no matter what the powers at be tell you. Some of us aren't as rich as many folks here. I guess if you sell a home in the East for big money, prices here are reasonable, but not for a middle class guy from Ohio. No, I enjoy visiting here, but wish I had not purchased. I'd be about 10 grand ahead if I had only rented.
I understood every word you said. It was clearly stated that you lost $$$ with your home sale in TV and not Cleveland.

I do sympathize with you. What works for us is I rent out my home, and only spend time here when its vacant, which is 5/6 or so months out of the year, not consecutively.

So you did the right thing for you, and I for me....

Live and Let Live....

Keep it up....