View Single Post

Old 10-04-2017, 07:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,172 Times in 1,932 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
This was in an earlier thread that you were part of.... you must have forgotten!

RErmer

I watched the crew cleaner our street with great fascination. The operator was a precision artist with the claw. I couldn't hear any clanking of the claw on anything. And, one of the crew was actually picking up yard waste bags and grouping them together for the claw. No muss, no fuss, no leftover debris. Pretty amazing! Note- I lived in South Flordia for many years and any number of hurricanes, and have never seen cleanup so quickly or smoothly.
And.....I said in response to this comment that it would probably be just my luck that I didn't get this precision operator of the claw equipment to pick up the debris on my property. I was told the the sky was falling on my house. LOL.

I just now read (maybe this thread or may a different one) that the claw scraped up one of the rec center parking lots when they picked up debris. The poster said there were scrape marks all over the place (or similar to that).

I'm going to avoid that situation. Tomorrow morning, I'm moving all my debris bags to the side of my house. I will wait until FEMA has come through then I will place the bags on my driveway for our regular crews to pick it up. Considering, out of the 12 bags I have now, only one bag is actual storm debris. The rest are just normal cleaning of the yard debris that I have done.