View Single Post

Old 10-05-2017, 11:25 AM
Gold member
Default Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwhite1953 View Post
Sorry yes, the intent was to water indoor plants. The screened lanai has 60+ plants of various size and nature that require watering; the front outside has a wall of the house with a water fountain and a dozen or so more flowering plants that also require watering. Normal in-ground irrigation therefore will not meet the need. The timeframe is 8 days - so where do I investigate 'watering bulbs' ? thanks in advance ! Mark
Sounds like you spend a lot of time and effort with your plants.

You mention watering bulbs. I assume that is a self watering device. For 60 plants it will be quite costly and you will need to store them for future use. There are many plans for such devices made from things such as soda bottles.

You say you will be gone for 8 days. I would expect, if you pull you plants together and perhaps control the sun they will be fine if you water them before you leave.

If, you have a neighbor do it for you be sure to provide and instruction sheet. We did if for a neighbor and fortunately I knew to look. One pot that they put on a wooden table before they left had a drainage hole but no dish to catch the water.

They did not want to intrude so would ask alternating neighbors. At a party, we both discovered that we had watered an artificial plant.