View Single Post

Old 10-06-2017, 07:01 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl in Tampa View Post
First, I'm interested in the new obligation that you've identified: The duty to protest. I can't seem to find it in the Constitution.

Second, you can't justify bad behavior by pointing to someone else's bad behavior. It is disrespectful to "take a knee" during the National Anthem, no matter what others may do.

People have the right to disrespect, even to burn, the Flag. They are not immune from the consequences of their actions.

Well, you go right ahead and boycott any products advertised on the channels showing NFL games. As I said before, you are way out of their demographic range but it remains your right to boycott - even though it makes no difference to the advertisers.

Basically, the kneeling will end soon or spectators will just accept as a norm. No big deal either way. Some may see it as disrespect while others see it as free speech and others just don't care.

The NFL is not going away. However, you do whatever you feel is best. Personally, I like pro football and will continue to watch - but will continue to use the mute button on commercials.