View Single Post

Old 10-08-2017, 02:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Any 64 1/2 to 66 Mustang, first one was a '66 coupe, over the last 25 years I have rebuilt 7 from the ground up, still have one, a '66 fastback.
We had a '67 Mustang. My husband drove it every spring/summer 100 miles round trip to work--the only reason he would buy it was if it would be useful as well as fun. No a/c, power steering or brakes, so we didn't bring it to FL. Just sold it for $2K more than we paid.

I had a 1960 Triumph Herald (4 seater convertible) through high school and college. Finally donated it to a church my senior year of college because no way would it make it from Georgia to Pennsylvania. I loved that car. In high school we got many, many kids in that car with the top down... sprawling everywhere, going up and down those Pittsburgh hills. Wouldn't go fast enough to hurt anyone.

My dad bought it for me in high school and then kept it up for me till he passed away when I was in college in GA. So it had an emotional connection for me. I still miss him (more) and the car (less). He was the greatest, and the car was totally unreliable.

Later I had a '72 Triumph TR 6 that financed our mechanic's several trips to Bermuda.

Last edited by CFrance; 10-08-2017 at 02:49 PM.