View Single Post

Old 10-11-2017, 08:28 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

How can 200 agents all be painted with the same wide brush?

Yes. There will be those who push new, but think about it.......new has to be easier and faster. Find the lot. Get 'em set up to make their choices. Move on. Of course, there will be some TV agents who push new first.

But not all.......C'mon 200 agents cannot all be the same.

If you are planning to list your house, do a little homework first. Of course, you need to get your home ready to show at its best, but you also need to find the agent that is a match for you.

You might have recommendations from people you know, but if that does not work for you, do a little interviewing on your own. It is really easy to do that in TV.........

Go to Open Houses and talk with the agents. Find your match. If something clicks, set up an appointment -- or at least get the agent's card and maybe make notes. Don't just call up and take whoever the office sends.

I must shamelessly confess to eavesdropping in Open Houses. I have heard agents tell bald-faced lies and I have heard agents purposely omit or avoid pertinent information when responding to questions. I have heard condescension. I have heard that classic "create a sense of urgency" routine. But mostly I have heard professionals that do just fine. TV agents are not programmed like robots. Geez. Stop painting them with a wide brush -- good or bad.

Also, sellers need to pay attention to homes like theirs that are on the market. Be realistic. Get the comps. I think there are sellers who are so enamored of their personal decorating choices that they expect buyers to want to pay extra for their murals or whatever. When a seller lets ego cause them to dig in on a higher price than the comps dictate, said seller seriously narrows the market for the home.

TV agent or MLS? Find the INDIVIDUAL that is a match for you and view the process as if you are going into business together --because you are.