View Single Post

Old 10-11-2017, 08:45 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post
The "real" problem begins and ends with The Villages real estate company.
They refuse to cooperate with outside Realtors and that is why only Villages agents can sell new houses.
Consequently, all (outside) Realtors can only list and sell the resales of other outside (MLS) Realtors.
Also, please understand that all Villages agents are only agents and not Realtors.
They also will not take 90-day listings.

Now -- get this -- Villages agents can sell the resale listings of outside brokers, but they don't and won't!

So what does that tell you?
It should tell you that The Villages is doing a disservice to all residents who want to sell their property.
If the Villages doesn't list it, they won't show it or sell it.
That is, if an outside broker/Realtor lists it, they won't show it.

It's very sad and unethical that the Villages employs this practice. It's the homeowner who pays the price and suffers by not getting the full service they deserve through no fault of all the outside MLS brokers/Realtors.

Yes, I do feel that this is a very unethical practice of the developer.
(In regards to your statement....... that VLS agents can but won't sell MLS homes)

I don't think that is totally correct. As a retired Broward MLS Realtor, I must call the MLS listing agent for showing instructions and lock box code for access to inside the home for sale.

As the Listing agent, I can't grant access to any agent who is not member of the governing board of Realtors... I think that would be illegal.

So for that reason...I think your statement might be incorrect.... VLS agents cannot sell MLS "Realtor" Listed homes, and visa versa....
Just saying...

Last edited by kstew43; 10-11-2017 at 08:57 AM.