Thread: Roof issue
View Single Post

Old 10-12-2017, 01:26 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Dear Rubicon,

Sadly, I agree. What may be difficult to nail down now, (no pun intended) is what the condition of the roof was prior to the hurricane. We also do not know what the insurance guy saw that was so obvious....and was it an issue in installation, or a manufacturer's defect, or could it have been seen non invasively.

What we do know is that it was a 12 year old roof in unknown condition prior to the hurricane, and even after the hurricane. The issues were not disclosed.

We also do not know if the inspector even knew about the "insurable roof" provision. Sometimes a Realtor will just call an inspector and schedule the inspection. This is why I always speak to the person who is the client, not the realtor, and discuss their concerns and expectations. As said earlier, only the insurance company can say if they will insure a home or not.

Appears that it boils down to a possible communication and expectation problem. Very unfortunate.

I hesitate to comment on contentious issues, especially when all the facts are not known or disclosed. I hope all works out well for all involved.

Frank