Thread: Roof issue
View Single Post

Old 10-12-2017, 01:44 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangeloInspections View Post
Dear Rubicon,

Sadly, I agree. What may be difficult to nail down now, (no pun intended) is what the condition of the roof was prior to the hurricane. We also do not know what the insurance guy saw that was so obvious....and was it an issue in installation, or a manufacturer's defect, or could it have been seen non invasively.

What we do know is that it was a 12 year old roof in unknown condition prior to the hurricane, and even after the hurricane. The issues were not disclosed.

We also do not know if the inspector even knew about the "insurable roof" provision. Sometimes a Realtor will just call an inspector and schedule the inspection. This is why I always speak to the person who is the client, not the realtor, and discuss their concerns and expectations. As said earlier, only the insurance company can say if they will insure a home or not.

Appears that it boils down to a possible communication and expectation problem. Very unfortunate.

I hesitate to comment on contentious issues, especially when all the facts are not known or disclosed. I hope all works out well for all involved.

Frank
Frank:

Again I agree and it the reason I have offered the OP alternatives. However what the OP said was that the offer of purchase was based on the condition of "an insurable roof". I took that to mean that the OP had some concern/question about the roof.

While I am very familiar with differences of opinion by experts (all) it would seem unlikely that the realtor's inspector was not aware of the condition of this roof especially given the carrier's inspector found it uninsurable ie we are not talking one or two shingles but the entire roof

State Farm will not insure you for sink hole unless an inspection of the insured premises is made and it appears this carrir would not accept the risk (home) unless the roof was replaced

Many insurance companies demand photo of cars, homes ,etc before they will insure. as to cars its not only if they are already damaged but if in fact they even exist

I cannot know what is true or untrue here but if true then I hope the OP prevails.

Personal Best Regards: