View Single Post

Old 10-13-2017, 08:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
Until recently, I never remember a NFL game that didn't show the national anthem. Another example of the media trying to manage our beliefs and opinions. They no longer broadcast the news, only their opinion.
Not sure what you are watching, but with the exception of championship games, etc, the national anthem is NEVER shown on television, and hasn't been for a long time.

The media is not managing anything and the only reason that it is on big games like championships is because the league invites big names to sing or play and they want the attention.

Fact is, there have been a number of movements to stop playing the national anthem at sporting events (begun during the war) and which I would oppose.

But thanks again to CFRANCE for pointing out facts, instead of simply made up things

DWIGHT EISENHOWER (1890-1969)
The qualities of a great man are "vision, integrity, courage, understanding, the power of articulation, and profundity of character."