View Single Post

Old 10-13-2017, 03:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

No one is suppressing anyone's ability to see anything. The networks have right to show whatever they want and not show whatever they don't want to.

You don't have any right to see the anthem the same as you don't have any right to see what goes on in the locker room at halftime. You have a right to see what they decide to air.

I have mixed feelings about this. It might just be a good thing as they're not giving these protesting players the attention that they're looking for. I think that by ignoring these idiots the behavior will eventually stop.

I've decided that I'm not going to let a handful of morons ruin what is always for me, an enjoyable Sunday afternoon. While I understand people to want to protest by not tuning in, in a way they are letting the players win. They are allowing them to affect their lives.

It's up to everyone to decide what they want to do about this, but as for me, I look forward to and enjoy watching The Patriots games and I'm not going to allow a small number of players take that away from me.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.