View Single Post

Old 10-13-2017, 03:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredster View Post
Wether the media telecasts the national anthem or not is not the issue as far as I am concerned.
I take issue with NFL players taking the knee during our national anthem to protest a cause they wish to promote.
They have every right to protest, but I firmly believe it should not be while they are at work.
And it is not what the fans are paying to watch.
Apparently I and a lot of other Americans find their actions, improper and disrespectful.
And I and millions of others are exercising our right to protest, by withdrawal of viewership and purchase of sponsors products.
It may not be the issue to you, but it is the premise of this thread and a terribly made up premise at that.

I think the NFL is a private business and should be allowed to deal with it on their own. I also do not believe they should be called names by anybody.

DWIGHT EISENHOWER (1890-1969)
The qualities of a great man are "vision, integrity, courage, understanding, the power of articulation, and profundity of character."