View Single Post

Old 10-15-2017, 09:27 AM
Sage

I think it would be more correct to say "no additional cost" as opposed to "free" ;-) I find there is some variation in the conditions of the executive courses; some are in great shape, others not so much. For example, Volusia was in beautiful shape after it reopened after the closure caused by Irma. If people would fix their ballmarks I believe it would help the conditions of the greens. You certainly can't fault The Villages for the shape of the courses when players don't take care of the courses.

Some of the executive courses are interesting from the black tees and very enjoyable. For example, I really enjoy playing Pelican. I don't believe it is fair to say that The Villages "does not do golf well". I can't speak for the championship courses, as I don't play them all that often, but the system of executive courses is pretty well done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
You can't possibly believe that the golf is actually free. We pay for it every month with our amenity fee. Additionally, the golf we pay for (Championship Courses) is not that great either. Many residents go outside The Villages to pay less money for better courses.

Sorry, but The Villages just does not do golf well.

Last edited by biker1; 10-15-2017 at 09:34 AM.