View Single Post

Old 10-16-2017, 07:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputydan View Post
I lived in Sonoma County about 40 years and worked 30 years for the Sonoma County Sheriff's Office as a Deputy Sheriff. Our main office and Court House was less than a Quarter of a mile from the main fire. 23 of current and retired deputies, 15 Correctional Officers, and a retired Judge have lost their homes and that's not counting all the clerical, dispatchers, and Court personnel. My daughter and ex/wife still live their. I have been a long time follower of T.O.T.V. and this is my first entry. This fire has been catastrophic and will probably be well over a billion dollars! Many of my friends and fellow officers were lucky to get out in time. I'm sure the body count will climb.
I had jury duty at the Sonoma County Court House and used to use their Law Library rather often. I did not get picked for Jury Duty though as the Prosecutor challenged me. Not sure why. It was just a routine drug bust of a dealer. The Judge had said he had seen me around the Law Library. Sonoma County's senior judge retires, sort of | The Press Democrat -

My sister-in-law was just in Northern CA and told me that her Santa Rosa girlfriend's house burned down. My other former sister-in-law still lives in that area and finally made contact through Facebook saying she was safe.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 10-16-2017 at 07:48 AM.