View Single Post

Old 10-17-2017, 02:00 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDIronton View Post
I live in a courtyard villa and I am looking for a contractor with some ideas on putting in a new birdcage. Please get back to me with any recommendations. We live in a 2+2 so space is limited, so creativity is key. I love the information that comes from this site so I felt why not and reach out to you guys for some advice.

Thanks and have a great day !
We live in a CYV also. We had All Around Aluminum install a birdcage this spring. We love it. You should know, though, that it's HOT and HUMID much of the year.

On the rear of our house there was already a concrete "platform." That was original to the house, so we knew is was within the setback requirements. Our lanai is adjacent to the that concrete, so we had one side of the lanai screening removed so that it is now open to the birdcage.

A little advice: plan for multiple electric outlets for outdoor-rated lamps, music, electric grill, etc. Think also if you want to install ceiling fans. You will also have to have, by code, an outlet on the OUTSIDE of the cage--only heaven knows why.

Good luck!