View Single Post

Old 08-11-2008, 11:27 PM
Banned
Default Re: WIFI the Villages

I am not all that familiar with the laws but I do not think any are enforced and maybe not even enforsable regarding using unsecured web sites.

I have used neighbor hood sites regularly. No problem and it doesn't seem to be a problem to the people who have the wifi site. I do understand that if too many get on the site with big down loads it will get plugged up.

We are RVers soon to be Villagers and in the RV community I have run across many that will knowingly share their wifi signal. No big deal. I sort of think of the securing issue like this is my lot and I am putting up this fence. I hate fences.

Regarding wifi providers. We are Thousand Trails members. All their Preserves have free Wifi. I know it's not totally free but it can't cost very much or they wouldn't do it. They use a company called Tengo net. Wonder if Tengo net could set up a network in TV.
In the campgrounds sometimes its only at the lodge but in many it covers the entire preserve.

Does anybody know about Tengo net? When I get settled in I am going to check it out to see if it could be used on a neighbor hood basis. Seems Like TV could make the arrangement.

Some high end parks use Tengo and charge way too much often $3/24hrs for day by day or $30 for a month.

Just some food for thought.